Troupe Info Barrelhouse Club 2020
Specifically we are focusing on the following styles in 2020: partnered juke joint blues, partnered blues idioms, and blues freestyle improvised spotlight demos.
When: Thursdays 20h to 21h30. Each and every week, except holidays.
Where: 7755 St. Laurent, Studio #201
Club membership rates: 360$ for 16 practices (4 months; $15/hour). Interac email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Coaches: Queen Karine St-Germain & Randy Panté.
Leads Jan-Avr 2020:
- * Arnaud (trainee)
Follows Jan-Avr 2020:
- Joelle 1
- Joelle 2
- Karine 1
- Karine 2
- Training and practicing with Montreal's partnered blues, solo blues, slow jazz/slow dance champions, Barrelhouse Club - the only organization in the city dedicated to the dark arts ;-)
- FREE studio rental rates (subject to availability and booking) at Barrelhouse Club for practicing with troupe members for troupe projects. Message Randy to set you up.
- 33% DISCOUNT studio rental rates for non project related rehearsals including: practicing with non Barrelhouse Club dancers, privates, and non dance related bookings such as yoga, parties, non-troupe practices, etc
- A nice group of people to be around :)
BARRELHOUSE CLUB AGREEMENT
--- Please read ---
By joining Barrelhouse Club, you are in effect signing this "contract" and choosing to agree to meet and adhere to all of the expectations for members of Barrelhouse Club.
Barrelhouse Club are for dancers who have a passion to learn to dance well and to work hard. The purpose of this contract is to clearly express what is demanded of all Barrelhouse Club dancers, and to ensure that all parties involved are getting what they want and expect out of rehearsals. The following expectations are asked of all Barrelhouse Club dancers:
Attendance is our number one responsibility. For 2020, Barrelhouse Club dancers have chosen to work at a serious level of commitment, instead of at a recreational level.
We ask that you make a very big effort to be in class each and every week.
We completely understand that sometimes you cannot make it to class for good reasons. Never the less, if you miss 3 or more classes per semester, we will need to have an individual meeting with you in regards to whether or not this group is the best fit.
EFFORT & CLASS CONDUCT
We want all of our dancers to push themselves to be the best dancer they can be. Barrelhouse Club dancers have a responsibility to their fellow students, to instructors, and to themselves to dance always at a 100% effort level.
This means the following specifically:
- Class starts at 20h, you should be ready and warmed up to start a dance class (also it helps prevent injuries).
- Put away your social media accounts for the duration of the class.
- Have appropriate dance attire.
- Reviewing your routines before class.
- Being generally an agreeable person during the duration of the class.
SOLOS & DUOS
Barrelhouse Club dancers are strongly encouraged, to request a solo, duo or trio routine to work with the coaches at the studio during the duration of the semester.
Students may request the type of dance discipline of the solo/duo/trio, but ultimately the decision will rest with the Artistic Director (Randy).
Students who choose to dance a solo, duo or trio are also agreeing to take responsibility for the following: attending all scheduled practice sessions, remembering all choreography, practicing on their own time, attending all competitions on their own (instructor may or may not be present).
* Please note, of course you can create your own choreographies at any time, this is simply to state that our resources are available to you, should it work out.